Legal & General’s CSR Committee is chaired by Tim Breedon, Group Chief Executive. The CSR Committee is supported by the following sub-committees:
Group Environment Committee
Group Health and Safety Committee
Group Charity Committee
Group Ethics Committee
Group Equalities Committee
Sustainable Property Investment Committee.
The CSR Committee governs the strategy and implementation of our public targets and meets at least three times a year as a governing body. The responsibilities of the Committee are:
- to develop and review the Group CSR strategy and policies in relation to Group-wide Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) risks and opportunities identified through engaging with the Company’s stakeholders;
- to manage the Group stakeholder engagement process and ensure that results are incorporated into the decision-making process;
- to monitor progress of the CSR sub-committees;
- to monitor results of external benchmarking surveys; and
- to ensure the CSR programme is communicated appropriately to internal and external stakeholders and in particular to review and approve the annual CSR Report.