The nature of our business is to manage risks. While we cannot fully eliminate all risks, we use our expertise to manage and mitigate our risks:
- Risk selection. The scale of our data, our long experience and market leading expertise make risk outcomes more predictable.
- Investment expertise. We’re one of Europe’s largest institutional fund managers and are the leading UK pension fund manager, managing diverse investment asset classes and investment capabilities.
- Financial and strategic discipline. Our high operational efficiency is underpinned by our strong solvency and asset derisking.
- Scale positions in attractive markets. We use our experience and scale in existing markets to grow in attractive international markets.
- Corporate relationships and diverse distribution. We’re a leading pensions solutions provider to UK corporations and the principal provider of protection, savings and investment products to UK building societies. Our group synergies across insurance and asset management enable us to provide comprehensive client solutions.
Through LGIM we’re one of Europe’s largest institutional asset managers and a major global investor. We manage £450 billion in assets for more than 2,800 institutional clients. Throughout the past 40 years we’ve built our business through understanding what matters most to our customers and transforming this insight into accessible investment products and solutions. We provide investment expertise across a wide spectrum of asset classes including equities, fixed income, commercial property and cash. Our capabilities range from index-tracking and active strategies to liquidity management and liability-based risk management solutions.
LGIM FUNDS UNDER MANAGEMENT
NUMBER OF CORPORATE PENSION SCHEMES WE MANAGE
LONGEVITY AND MORTALITY EXPERTS
We’re recognised as a leading industry expert in the understanding of protection and annuity products and services. We’re committed to continually developing this expertise. We’re associated with a number of external longevity science institutions, such as our collaboration with University College London (UCL) on population ageing, where we sponsor two employees. We also support the Longevity Science Advisory panel (LSAP), an independent panel of leading authorities who are experts on longevity issues.
TOTAL GROSS WRITTEN PREMIUMS FOR LGAS AND LGA
PENSIONERS RELYING ON US FOR RETIREMENT INCOME